Thursday, November 15, 2018

Firecracker store in Nabua catches fire

SFO4 Novela, Jr.
NAGA CITY (Bicol Standard) – An electrical wiring problem caused a firecracker store in Nabua, Camarines Sur to burst into flames.

SFO4 Justino Novela, Jr., Bureau of Fire Protection Deputy Marshall, said storeowner Delia Lumabay momentarily left the store to go to the public market.

When she returned, she was shocked to see the store ablaze.

Lumabay told the BFP that they had previously noticed that the wiring was emitting sparks, but her husband had already tried to fix the problem.

Around 150 firecrackers estimated to be valued at around Php8,000.00 were destroyed in the fire, she said.

Meantime, the BFP reminded the public to be vigilant regarding fire hazards to avoid any untoward incident.
Share:

Featured Post

TEACHER CORNER | In reading, hope springs

Esteban B. Camano Master Teacher II Gen.T. De Leon National High School The wide spread of illiteracy is still one of the world’s bigge...