Albayalde visits ambush victims in Cam Sur

Photo: Bicol Standard

NAGA CITY (Bicol Standard) -- Police Director General Oscar Albayalde called for a Command Conference at the Camarines Sur Provincial Police Office Friday morning to identify possible lapses which led to the death of three police officers and injuries in four others in Lupi, Camarines Sur on Oct. 18.

In a closed-door conference attended by the chiefs of police in the towns that were in the route taken by the convoy of Food and Drug Administration Director General Nela Charade Puno to Daet, Camarines Norte, he directed each to narrate the sequence of events.

Also in attendance at the conference were PNP Bicol Regional Director PCSupt. Arnel Escobal, PSSupt. Reynaldo Pawid, OIC of the Camarines Sur Provincial Police Office.

After a four-hour meeting, Albayalde proceeded to the Multi-purpose Hall inside the Camarine Sur Provincial Police Office grounds to pay respect to the fallen cops.

He personally conferred the Medalya ng Kadakilaan (Posthumous) to the fallen cops.

The three officers, SPO1 Percival S. Rafael, PO3 Carlito S. Navarroza, and PO1 Ralph Jason D. Vida, were rendering route security to Director General Puno while on board a PNP Patrol Vehicle along Maharlika Highway portion of Sitio Castilla, Baranga Napolidan, Lupi, Camarines Sur when the incident occurred.

“Their courage and supreme sacrifice are clear manifestations of the highest form of service and deep devotion to their sworn duties as police officers worthy of praise and pride by the Philippine National Police,” the commendation reads.

He also had a brief meeting with the immediate members of the family of the victims and assured them of the full support coming from their organization.

Meanwhile, the families of the victims called upon President Rodrigo Duterte to help them find justice.

Albayalde later headed to the Mother Seton Hospital in this city to visit the other injured victims.

As of press time, it could not be ascertained who the principal target of the ambush was.

A continuous pursuit operation is still ongoing to trace the whereabouts of the perpetrators.

Photo: Bicol Standard