Bicol newspaper | Bicol Standard | Get Bicol news about the Bicol region: Naga City, Camarines Sur, Albay, Legazpi City, Masbate, Sorsogon, Camarines Norte and Catanduanes.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Narco list may no longer be released – Duterte

MANILA October 13, 2016 (Bicol Standard) – President Rodrigo R. Duterte said yesterday that he may no longer announce publicly the names of government officials who are in the drug list.


“If I read it, they will kill each other. If I read all the names, they would start to cleanse themselves to prevent, you know, being drawn into the vortex of shabu,” he said during the 115th anniversary of the Philippine Coast Guard in Manila, yesterday.

“I am having second thoughts whether to release it or not, or simply if you read it, you will be discouraged”, he added.

It will be recalled that he previously stated that there are about 8,000 names of government officials included in his narco list, which inludes local executives, men in uniform, and even some members of the judiciary.

He also added that there are at least 5,000 punong barangays who are included in the narco list.
Share:

Featured Post

Advantages and disadvantages of mother tongue-based education

Photo: Naga Smiles to the World by Shiela S. Ronquillo Del Gallego Central, Del Gallego District Since School Year (SY) 2012-2013,...