Tuesday, June 21, 2016

2 kids dead, 1 ill after eating puffer fish in Camarines Sur

CALABANGA, Camarines Sur, June 21, 2016 (Bicol Standard) -- Two siblings were declared dead at around 8 p.m. Monday after being rushed to the hospital after eating puffer fish, known locally as "butete" or "tikong."

John Edsel Bristol, 7 years old, and Anton Rey Bristol, 6, both of Barangay Sabang, this town, were said to have vomited and suffered from stomach ache after eating the fish served during their dinner, according to the local police.

Meanwhile, another child identified as Arnold Reforsado, 6 years old, an orphan who also ate part of the viand, was also rushed this morning to the Bicol Medical Center in Naga City after complaining of the same symptoms.

Personnel of the Municipal Health Office of Calabanga were informed of the incident and proceeded to the Bristol residence to obtain a sample of the leftover puffer fish for analysis and examination.

The Calabanga Municipal Police Station and Local Government Unit are currently conducting a parallel investigation on the incident. 
Share:

SPECIAL OFFER

SPECIAL OFFER

Featured Post

PDIC takes over Goa bank

Rural Bank of Goa Photo: PDIC MANILA— The Monetary Board (MB) of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) prohibited Rural Bank of Goa (...