Naga City tops PH component cities
Naga City bested other component cities such as San Fernando, Imus, Cotabato, Bacoor, Antipolo, Dasmarinas, Tagum, San Fernando, and Batangas.
Component cities, according to the National Competitiveness Council, are cities which do not meet the requirements of a Highly Urbanized City (such as Manila, Makati, Cebu, Quezon, and Davao). If a component city is located within the boundaries of two (2) or more provinces, such city shall be considered a component of the province of which it used to be a municipality.
Naga City also bagged first place in the areas of for economic dynamism, government efficiency, and infrastructure, again in the Component Cities category.
The other awardees from Bicol are:
- Polangui, Albay, a first class municipality - 5th place in Economic Dynamism among municipalities
- Daet, Camarines Norte, a first class municipality - 8th place in Infrastructure among municipalities
- Tigaon, Camarines Sur, a third class municipality - 10th place in the overall ranking of 3rd to 6th class municipalities; 9th place in government efficiency among 3rd to 6th class municipalities
- Legazpi City - 11th place in infrastructure among component cities and number 15 in overall ranking of component cities
- Tabaco City - 4th place in goverment efficiency among component cities
Cities and municipalities were ranked on their competitiveness based on an overall competitiveness score. The overall competitiveness score is the sum of scores on three main pillars which pool data from several sub-indicators. The three main pillars are: economic dynamism, government efficiency and infrastructure. Scores are determined by the values of the actual data, as well as the completeness of the submitted data.—BICOLSTANDARD.COM Pirming enot. Pirming bago.