Severe weather bulletin for Typhoon Chedeng
FOR: TYPHOON “#ChedengPH”
TROPICAL CYCLONE: ALERT
ISSUED AT 11:00 PM, 02 APRIL 2015
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 11AM tomorrow)
TYPHOON ‘CHEDENG” HAS FURTHER WEAKENED AS IT CONTINUES TO MOVE OVER THE PHILIPPINE SEA
• Estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to heavy within the 150 – 200 km radius of the typhoon.
• Within the next 6 hours, PAGASA will possibly raise Public Storm Warning Signal #1 over the Bicol region. Hence, sea travel over the area will be possibly suspended.
• It is estimated to make landfall over eastern coast of Aurora-Isabela area by Sunday evening (April 5) , will exit the landmass via Ilocos Sur by Monday morning (April 6) and will exit PAR by Monday evening (April 6).
• The public is alerted against possible flashfloods over low-lying areas and landslides along mountain slopes particularly over Aurora-Isabela area.
• Storm surges and sea surface waves of up to 3 meters are possible over the eastern coast of Aurora, Quezon and Isabela.
• Fisherfolks are advised not to venture out over the eastern seaboard of Aurora, Quezon, Bicol Region and of Visayas.
• It is advised to refrain from outdoor activities particularly along beaches of the eastern section of Luzon starting Saturday.
Location of eye/center: At 10:00 PM today, the center of Typhoon “CHEDENG” was located based on all available data at 885 km East of Virac, Catanduanes (13.4°N, 132.4°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 165 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 200 kph
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move Northwest at 15 kph.
• 24 hour (Tomorrow evening): 825 km East of Infanta, Quezon
• 48 hour (Saturday evening): 445 km East of Baler, Aurora
• 72 hour (Sunday evening): In the vicinity of Palanan, Isabela
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next bulletin to be issued at 11AM tomorrow.