FOOD TRIP | Chef Jang Melgar Grageda's Warm Albay Brownies Recipe
An explosion of flavors, this sensational bittersweet chocolate goodness is topped with heavenly-rich whipped cream, pili nuts, chocolate syrup, and a zingy, spicy chili surprise.
|FOOD TRIP by Chef Jang Melgar Grageda|
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 cup pili nuts
5 pcs. bird’s eye chilies, chopped
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp. tablea grated
2 tbsp. light corn syrup
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 ounces dark or semi sweet chocolate
Extra chopped pili nuts for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°f. butter an 11X 7 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper.
2.Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in an large bowl.
3. Add the pili nuts and bird’s eye chilies into the mixture.
4.Combine the butter, sugar, tablea powder, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves.
5. Cool slightly.
6. Beat in the egg.
7. Stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients until well blended.
8. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
9. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan.
10.Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
11. Cut the brownie into 12-16 squares.
12.Top the brownies with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pili nuts.
13. Drizzle goodies with melted chocolate and dash it with the grated tablea.
13. Garnish with sliced chili.