LEGAZPI CITY—There was indeed a misrepresentation or impersonation in the Palarong Bicol 2015.
This was confirmed by the Regional Selection and Accreditation Committee (RSAC) which probed the allegations of cheating in the sporting event.
|CONFIRMED | 1 cheating incident in Palarong Bicol 2015, says DepEd V|
Photo by Oscar Esmenda/BICOLSTANDARD.COM
In his report, Jose Bonto, Chief Administrative Officer of the Department of Education (DepEd) Regional Office 5, said that they found one athlete from Camarines Sur to be ineligible to compete.
The athlete hails from Baliuag Viejo, Minalabac town.
The committee, however, refused to nullify the results of the Palarong Bicol, as only one athlete was proven to have violated the Revised Technical Rules and Regulations and General Guidelines for Palarong Bicol 2015.
Last week, Albay Gov. Joey Salceda personally went to Pili, Camarines Sur, where the Palaro was held, to bring the attention to the public.
Salceda announced in a press conference that he was alerted of the cheating by provincial sports officials of Albay.
Francisco Ranil A. Nuyles, Coach in Athletics Elementary – Boys of DepEd Albay backed the governor’s claim.
In a letter dated March 19, Nuyles wrote to the Chairman of the RSAC seeking an investigation on ten athletes that the province of Camarines Sur allowed to compete.
This was despite their being ineligible to compete.
The coach prayed for RSAC to “declare the event/game winnings of the aforesaid team null and void without prejudice to the filing of administrative sanctions upon erring athletic officials.”
Bonto’s report today also revealed that RSAC has recommended DepEd to file administrative cases against the erring officials.—BICOLSTANDARD.COM, With additional report from Mark Kevin Arroco, Bombo Legazpi