Bicol newspaper | Bicol Standard | Get Bicol news about the Bicol region: Naga City, Camarines Sur, Albay, Legazpi City, Masbate, Sorsogon, Camarines Norte and Catanduanes.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Miner dies of poison inhalation in Paracale

LEGAZPI CITY -- A 45-year-old miner died after inhaling a poisonous chemical inside a mining pit from where he was trying to retrieve a water pump and a blower at Sitio Ligwa, Barangay Tawig, Paracale, Camarines Norte, Saturday morning.

A police report identified the victim as Julie Lancion, married and resident of Purok 4, Barangay Bayan-Bayan, Labo, Camarines Norte.

The report said the incident happened at about 7:30 a.m. when Lancion and his companions entered the pit to get the water pump and blower that they left behind inside the mining pit when he suddenly felt dizzy.

His companions tried to bring him out of the pit but it took almost one hour before they succeeded.

Once out, Lancion's companions noticed him already lifeless.

The other miners carried the victim's body down the mountain, taking them four hours to reach the road in the area.

Lancion's fellow miners believed he inhaled a poisonous chemical that they used in mining gold in the area, causing his death.

His body was brought to a funeral home for autopsy. (PNA)
Share:

Featured Post

Advantages and disadvantages of mother tongue-based education

Photo: Naga Smiles to the World by Shiela S. Ronquillo Del Gallego Central, Del Gallego District Since School Year (SY) 2012-2013,...