This case stemmed from the administrative case filed against the coop officials docketed under NEA Administrative Case No. 11-97-14.
Included in the list of suspended coop officials are Board President Arwin Segundo, Board of Directors Cesar Brondia, Domingo Sarmiento, Henry Zano, Freddie Parale, Alexander Bardon, Elmer Dasco and former OIC Engr. Henry Sendon and Efren Belgado.
NEA Project Supervisor and Acting General Manager Engr. Wilfredo Busit was directed to implement the suspension order.
The preventive suspension order was the result of the May 27, 2014 memorandum of the NEA Deputy Administrator regarding the Comprehensive Audit covering the period from August 1, 2011 to July 31, 2014.
The Audit findings pointed out that there is a possibility that the abovementioned coop officials failed to protect the interest of the electric cooperative.
The following items were cited as the bases for the preventive suspension:
(1) The Board of Directors allegedly intervened in the functions of the PBAC in the grant of a contract to supply, deliver and install two units of 5 MVA Substation. Moreover, the installation of the 69 KV line did not follow the regular bidding process as well as the evaluation of the bids. It was noted that because of the said discrepancy, the electric cooperative suffered a difference in the price totalling to about P23,199,970.42;
(2) Grave abuse of discretion and open defiance of the guidelines issued by the NEA regarding the disposal of the 10 MVA power transformer, which was disposed of in a trade-in agreement;
(3) Approval of the security contract to Strikeforce Alpha Security Services, Inc. which, the records show offered the highest bid price, compared to the other bidders;
(4) The wireless connectivity project which contract was aborted after the BP Integrated Technologies, Inc. revoked the authority given to O.F. Gomez, after an initial payment of P1,523,229.56 was given;
(5) After repeated reminders, the said officials fail to follow the guidelines of the NEA regarding the benefits, allowances; and write off of power bills.—BICOLSTANDARD.COM
Bicol news | Albay news | Camarines Norte news | Camarines Sur news | Catanduanes news | Daet news